Ok, so these are technically fat bombs. But something about that name sounds unappealing to me. So I’ve decided to call them vegan sugar free chocolates, which they technically are too!
Made with only a few ingredients these couldn’t be simpler to do! I added a few almonds to some of them – feel free to add whatever nuts you like if you want a extra crunch!
These are great for those on a ketosis diet, low carb diet or those wanting to improve their intake of healthy fats or looking for a chocolate alternative.
Coconut oil has so many health benefits! We’ve been told over and over again how eating saturated fat raises cholesterol levels. This is true. But the saturated fat in coconut oil actually reduces LDL cholesterol (aka ‘bad’ cholesterol linked to heart disease) and can increase HDL cholesterol (aka ‘good’ cholesterol that reduced LDL in your blood). The medium chain triglycerides and fatty acids in coconut oil are easily converted into energy, putting less strain on the liver, kidneys and gall bladder.
Coconut oil has also been proven to help with weight loss by increasing the metabolism and improving thyroid function! Who knew?!
Other good fats: Olive oil, Soy, Sunflower oil, Seeds and Nuts
Fats to avoid: Butter, Cheese, Cream and Red Meat
So… maybe I’ve convinced you of the amazing benefits of coconut oil and to try out these chocolates!
Milk Chocolate 60 g Coconut Oil 15 g Cocoa Powder ½ tbsp Sweetener ½ tbsp Tahini
White Chocolate 50 g Cocoa Butter 50 g Coconut Oil 2 Drops Vanilla Essence ½ tbsp Sweetener
- Milk Chocolate
- Melt 60g of coconut oil in the microwave or in a pan
- Add the sweetener, cocoa powder and tahini
- Mix well
- Pour the mixture into the heart moulds until half full
- Allow to cool and solidify in the fridge
- Melt the remaining coconut oil and cocoa butter in the microwave or in a pan
- Add the vanilla and sweetener
- Mix well
- Pour the mixture over the cooled milk chocolate in the mould
- Allow to cool
- Remove from the moulds and keep in the freezer or fridge
| Per Serving | Cals 92 | Fat 6.6 g | Protein 0.2 g | Carbs 0.3 g |