I recently got a waffle iron and it may be the greatest gift I ever received. Now I can make waffles at home whenever I feel like it! Perfect for a weekend brunch or desert at home.
These are so quick and easy to make. Plus they are a healthier version of traditional waffles – basically just made with oats and apples! Win-win.
I served two waffles per person with lots of fresh fruit and maple syrup – but serve them with whatever you like. Chocolate sauce, peanut butter, berries, icing, ice cream… the possibilities are endless!
- 100 g Oat Flour
- 2 tsp Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 8 tbsp Soy Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Medium Apple
- 175 ml Water
- Vegetable Oil Spray
- Preheat the waffle iron
- Add the apple and the water to a blender and blend until smooth
- Mix the oat flour, cinnamon, sweetener, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl
- Add the apple sauce, soy milk, vanilla extract and mix well
- Once the waffle iron is heated, spray a little oil in the waffle machine to prevent sticking
- Add all the mixture to the waffle iron and cook
- Serve with maple syrup and fruit
| Per Serving | 155 cals | 3.8 g protein | 30.4 g carbs | 2.3 g fat |